Wednesday, March 13, 2013

R.I.P. Clive Burr

So I got a text from Mr. 666,he says Clive Burr died. He was 56 and been battling MS for years, I'm totally bummed. We both agree that losing these guys is like losing a piece of our youth...I suppose he can finally rest... MS is a mother fucker, that perhaps we can one day eradicate! To say his drumming influenced me would be the biggest understatement ever!


Hell other than Bonzo, Clive was my biggest influence...I set my drums up like his, practiced that Run to the Hills intro and its famous tom roll a thousand times! Killers intro!
Idea of March, Running Free...



Man it goes on and on...the 1st three Iron Maiden records feature his blend of solid back beat with flashes of flare!



His high-hat work is reminiscent of Ian Paice and his tom rolls helped define the new wave of metal's drum sound.



It's weird I recently saw a Bruce Dickinson quote about how he thought Clive was the better drummer between him and Nico...bold statement but I totally agree Nico's got the chops but Clive had the soul, the feel for the grove...I'm bummed to lose one of my heroes but I have his music and the memory of seeing him live,that I'll have forever!



The Tank out...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment