Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Songs named after the band...

or is it the band named after the song.....regardless here are couple of my favorite eponymous tunes...or is it bands? Arghhh, whatever they kick ass and made kick ass songs about the name of their band....or song...or band... 


Check that crowd! Di Anno and Stratton good early shit here!


Of course the incomparable Black Sabbath...not to get on too much of a tangent but just remember...

Ozzy was the fucking man once!  I love the far out "effects" on this too.



kinda of reach with Queen.
I could have done White Queen, March of the Black Queen or Killer Queen.
Couldn't find Black that wasn't a medley or some cheesy photo shop and Killer is too obvious..so White it is.

May's use of the echo....sublime...sublime...sublime...




Motorhead....Motorhead....now this is a case where the song did come first, with Hawkwind!



Here's a gooder...."No Lord shall stand before myself!"
Deicide- Deicide w/ the Hoffman bros. o.k. sound too.





There are others I'm sure but I can't think of any right now, can you?

2 comments:

  1. AARRGGG!!! Brian May RULES!!!

    heres a few:

    uli jon roth electric sun - electric sun
    d.r.i. - who am i (dont know if this one kounts)
    voivod - voivod
    bestial warlust - bestial warlust
    satanik goat ritual - satanik goat ritual
    blasphemy - blasphemy

    and doesnt wham have a song named wham? (umm, maybe not?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May does rule!
    I think it was Uli Roth's ES...so a tentative nope.
    DRI, that's a lyric so no. But kick ass!
    Voivod! YES! I haven't heard that in forever!
    "Voivooood! Am I paranoid? Voivod!"
    Way underated! I think cuz they are canucks?
    Remember your Blacky hair doo!?!hahaha
    BW, if you say so!
    STG, you should know! Obeisance needs one too!
    Blasphemy, it sounds cool to say Blas phem y!

    Wham,'fraid not it was Wham-Rap!why do I know these things!?!? I don't feel gay! They do not kick ass!

    ReplyDelete